Wednesday 9 April 2014

Review ~ Star Struck (The Star Kissed #1) by Jamie Campbell

Star Struck (The Star Kissed, #1)

ebook downloaded for free on Amazon


Description:
Melrose Morgan was your typical teenager, flipping burgers and surviving high school the best she could. Yet all that changed after a chance encounter took her face to face with the world’s biggest superstar.

Living every girl’s fantasy, Melrose falls for one fifth of the most successful boy bands on the planet, Cole Newton. He invites her on a date and she can’t help but fall in love with her idol.

But in a world that is full of shining stars, can one small town girl really capture the heart of a supernova? Find out in the first installment of the Star Kissed series.


My Opinion

This is definitely one of the better novellas I have read so far from when I went down the Amazon free list. It was focused solely on the present activities and although I would have like more back story, it was a sweet romance to get caught up in for thirty minutes. It drew me in and I didn't want to stop reading, the characters were engaging which is hard to do in a novella and the story did make me smile-even if it's a bit unrealistic, but who cares? 

The story moved at a quick pace, like most novellas, but I liked how the author focused on situations for longer. She picked specific moments and focused on those rather than flit all over the place and try to cram everything in. The story line was solid and constructed well.

I would like to read more of this and wished it was a full length novel as although I really did enjoy this story I can't bring myself to pay for every book in the series if they're so short. I'm crossing my fingers I'll find a box set when I look!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...