Saturday 28 May 2016

Review ~ Driven (Driven, #1) by K. Bromberg

Driven (Driven, #1)
ebook downloaded for free from Amazon

Release Date: December 25th 2013

Publisher: Self-published

Description:
Rylee Thomas is used to being in control. But she’s about to meet the one man 
that just might make her enjoy losing it…

I am the exception to the rule. 

In a world full of willing women, I’m a challenge to the roguish and achingly handsome Colton Donavan. A man used to getting exactly what he wants in all aspects of life. He’s the reckless bad boy constantly skating that razor thin edge toward out of control, on and off of the track. 

Colton crashes into my life like a tornado: sapping my control, testing my vulnerabilities beyond their limits, and unintentionally penetrating the protective wall around my healing heart. Tearing apart the world I rebuilt so carefully with structure, predictability, and discipline.

I can’t give him what he wants and he can’t give me what I need. But after a glimpse beneath his refined exterior into the dark secrets of his damaged soul, can I bring myself to walk away?

Our sexual chemistry is undeniable. Our individual need for complete control is irrefutable. But when our worlds collide, is the chemistry enough to bring us together or will our untold secrets and battle of wills force us apart?

My Opinion

I'm struggling with this book. It's split my opinion right down the middle because at times I skimmed too much and considered giving up. Then it would pick up and I wouldn't be able to put it down. In the end I think it came out favourably, but I'm still not quite sure.

I got Driven free on Amazon, and since I'll be seeing this author at a signing in a couple of weeks I thought I'd give it a go. The start was slow and didn't really I intrigue me. It seemed too cliched and over done. However, I stuck with it, wanting to know when the racing side of things would kick in.

The time things improved for me were when Rylee's job was introduced. I loved the boys and it made her easier to engage with in my eyes. From then on things were better more often than not.

That's not to say I didn't have problems after that. For me the book was a little too text heavy with not enough speech. This is a purely personal taste, but one that hindered my experience. The ending is also a cliff hanger, which isn't a surprise considering it's a trilogy. However, I'm not sure if I want to read more. A part of me does, but then I think of all of the slow moment or times I wanted to give up and I'm not sure it would be money well spent.


Overall, if it sounds like your type of read, go for it. I think my issues come down to personal tastes even though I come away from it liking it more than anything.

3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...