Wednesday 5 September 2012

Deep Connections - Rebecca Graf

Deep ConnectionsDescription
Just as love appears, so does the darkness. With her heart reaching out for one man, Brenna finds herself the target of an unknown stalker. Who is he? What does he want? How far will he go for her? Death is an option. Brenna discovers more than she bargained for and learns that the stalker will kill for her. It all comes down to decisions, and no matter what she chooses it will demand sacrifice and someone's blood.
My Opinion
This book was hard to put down, the constant mystery and questions posed keeping me hooked. I'm a sucker for a romance novel, especially when they have paranormal/supernatural elements and this book didn't disappoint. The love triangle added another depth to the story and engaged me more as I found myself growing to like Slaton over Eaton.

I have read a lot of books in this genre and some of the story was slightly predictable at times but Graf brings an original style of writing and the story differs slightly from others I have read in this genre. There is always something going on and the fast paced action written from multiple perspectives helps give an insight into all the character's views.

The storyline in this book engages you easily and it is hard to stop reading, however there are a few problems. Throughout there are quite a few editing issues that cannot be overlooked. I can accept a few as I know it is hard to get rid of them all and I have even read professionally published books with typos, however in a few chapters these appeared quite often in the forms of grammar, punctuation and typos which became a little distracting.

Overall I really enjoyed this book. I have given it 3.5 because of the editing issues but with some more time in editing I would happily give it a 4 and recommend it to anyone interested in this genre. I am looking forward to reading the sequel!


3.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...