Saturday 1 September 2012

Until I Die (Revenants #2) - Amy Plum

Until I Die (Revenants, #2)Description (Goodreads)

Kate and Vincent have overcome the odds and at last they are together in Paris, the city of lights and love.
As their romance deepens there’s one question they can’t ignore: How are they supposed to be together if Vincent can’t resist sacrificing himself to save others? Although Vincent promises that he’ll do whatever it takes to lead a normal life with Kate, will that mean letting innocent people die? When a new and surprising enemy reveals itself, Kate realizes that even more may be at stake—and that Vincent’s immortality is in jeopardy.
In Die for Me, Amy Plum created a captivating paranormal mythology with immortal revenants and a lush Paris setting. Until I Die is poised to thrill readers with more heart-pounding suspense, spellbinding romance, and a cliff-hanger ending that will leave them desperate for the third and final novel in the series.My Opinion
I couldn't wait to get my hands on a copy of this book. Not only did I love the cover once again but the main reason was I couldn't wait to find out what happened between Kate and Vincent next.

This book was slightly darker than the first and even though it had less action it was just as thrilling and hooking.  While reading I was pulled between humor and sadness and almost found myself crying at one point, which is strange as not many books have that effect on me. 


In this book we find out more about the Revenants history and life which was great as it answered some questions I had carried over from the first book. I also loved gaining more knowledge about the other Revenants, especially Jules and Ambrose.  Ambrose takes on a big brother/bodygaurd role while Jules continues to flirt with Kate. Both added humor and charm to the book while Vincent was elsewhere. I must admit I prefer it when Kate and Vincent are together and the parts of the book where Kate is off on her own searching for a way to help Vincent were a bit slow but the other Revenants helped keep the story going with interesting aspects and twists I did not expect.


By the end of this book I was starting to wish I hadn't read it so quickly. This was not because I wasn't enjoying it but due to the fact that I am going to have to wait a year for the third book! Seriously after the cliffhanger Amy Plum leaves you on I cannot wait that long for If I should Die! I need to know what happens now...


Overall this book was just as good as the first and I would highly recommend the series to any romance/paranormal lovers. There is a bit of everything in it and I just couldn't put it down. Now for the long wait to find out what happens in the third book...




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...