Saturday 17 June 2017

If I Break #2 & #3 by Portia Moore

Books purchased by myself.

I decided to write a couple of mini reviews. These aren't full because I read them back-to-back so the stories kind of blurred together and I didn't want to give anything away. I was also tired and a bit disappointed with the series so didn't feel like reviewing them in full.


Almost Broken (If I Break, #2)Almost Broken by Portia Moore
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I think my gut feeling is right on this series. I was unsure whether to continue to read these books after the end of Book 1 because whilst I enjoyed it, I didn't think there were four books worth of story to be told. This book rehashed a lot of details and scenes. It felt like padding to me and I just want to read the resolution.

I have continued to book 3, but what I said in my review is holding true right now and the more I read the more I skim.



Beautifully Broken (If I Break, #3)Beautifully Broken by Portia Moore
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I was right. I lost interest in this series with this book because nothing happened. Once again events were repeated from the previous books but in different a POV, and nothing happened until the last few chapters. It felt like this book was one long filler, which is a shame because the idea behind the series is good and not something I have seen before. Unlike when I said I wasn't sure I would continue the series in my review of book 1, this time I mean it. I doubt I will read the last book, I just can't invest any more time in these characters when things take too long to get moving. I've decided to invent my own end in my mind instead and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...