Sunday 16 December 2012

Halo (Halo #1) - Alexandra Adornetto

Halo (Halo, #1)Description
An angel is sent to Earth on a mission.

But falling in love is not part of the plan.


Three angels – Gabriel, the warrior; Ivy, the healer; and Bethany, the youngest and most human – are sent by Heaven to bring good to a world falling under the influence of darkness. They work hard to conceal their luminous glow, superhuman powers, and, most dangerous of all, their wings, all the while avoiding all human attachments.

Then Bethany meets Xavier Woods, and neither of them is able to resist the attraction between them. Gabriel and Ivy do everything in their power to intervene, but the bond between Xavier and Bethany seems too strong.

The angel’s mission is urgent, and dark forces are threatening. Will love ruin Bethany or save her?

My Opinion
Ok, so I'm going through a bit of a angel phase at the moment. I don't know why but it seems to be the paranormal genre I am enjoying most right now. 

When I saw this book the cover was what hooked me to begin with. I loved the colours and the fact that it was clearly about angels interested me. However I didn't instantly want to buy it. The description did only a little to intrigue me so instead of adding it to my basket on Amazon it stayed on my wish list for a while. I received this book for my birthday and when I unwrapped it I was a little disappointed as there were other books I wanted more, however I am now glad I got it and was able to read it as it exceeded my expectations.

The plot (although not entirely original) was interesting and engaging. I did skip a few pages here and there as it was a bit slow in places but even when doing that the story line was clear, simple and easy to follow. I loved the romance. Yes it was a stereotypical/ kind of cheesy romance but it is sort of a guilty pleasure. This book is a feel good book and it livened up a bad day.

The parts of the book I liked most was the concept of telling the book from the point of view of angels that are still attached to heaven. I have read many books that use the concept of fallen angels or just demons but never angels sent on a mission to help fight the dark forces around Venus Cove. It separated the book from other angel novels (such as hush hush) and helped make it different so I could enjoy it without a comparison.

In all honesty, I didn't expect to enjoy this book but I was glad I was proved wrong. The story line keeps you hooked and turning pages. I tried to finish it in a day but because I started it too late I had to stop around 4am. I'm also glad I got the second book "Hades" for my birthday so I can continue the series straight away! 

The third book is definitely going on my Christmas list too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...