Monday 23 July 2012

Rapture (Fallen #4) – Lauren Kate


Rapture (Fallen, #4)Description

The sky is dark with wings . . .
And time is running out for Luce and Daniel.
In order to stop Lucifer from erasing the past, they must find the place where the Fall began. Only Luce can break the curse, and it is her choice alone that will decide all of their fates.
But as Dark Forces gather, great sacrifices will have to be made in this final, epic struggle . . .
In the fight for Luce, and for Love, who will win?
The astonishing conclusion to the FALLEN series. Heaven can't wait any longer
My Opinion

I finally got around to finishing this book while enjoying the unusually hot weather, however I was a little disappointed once I had finished it. I would have expected more from the finale to a series but the story just seemed to fizzle out towards the end and the big mystery that kept Luce and Daniel apart was solved so simply and obviously.

I loved the whole idea of this series and thought that the first three books were great, and to a point so was this one. It started off extremely exciting and I couldn't put the book down, the fast pace, tension and suspense as to what the final outcome would be, keeping me enthralled. I kept trying to predict how the fallen angels would stop a second fall but my guesses were way off the mark due to the simplicity of the actual solution. I envisioned a huge battle or some actual action and as I kept waiting for something to kick off I had already started to wane as it became evident it was not likely any more. I found myself reading Rapture only to complete the series and find out how Luce and Daniel's romance played out, which once again was seriously downplayed and abruptly halted. For an ending to a series, this book left me with a lot of unanswered questions and a lot to be desired for. I would have loved for the final romance between Luce and Daniel to have been developed more but I guess I will have to finish the story for myself and create my own ending.

Overall the series was pretty good but the ending lacked finality and did not answer everything I wished it would have.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...