Thursday 31 May 2018

Review ~ Kenzie and the Guy Next Door by R. Linda

Title: Kenzie and the Guy Next Door
Author: R. Linda
Genre: NA Romance
Release Date: May 29, 2018 Publisher: Limitless Publishing


The last thing I expected was my ex-boyfriend showing up unannounced, demanding to see our son. The son whose existence he’d previously never bothered to acknowledge, leaving me a single mother at sixteen years old.
As if I’m not freaked out enough, I also have to deal with a loud, annoying new neighbour on top of it all.
Imagine my surprise when I discover my neighbour is none other than Jeremy, my best friend’s dangerously hot brother, who was recently released from prison.
I’m sure he’s a complication I definitely don’t need. But then he inserts himself effortlessly into my life, becoming my hero, my saviour, and someone my son can look up to, and I realize how much I actually need him.
But my ex isn’t backing off, making me wonder what he’s capable of—and how far Jeremy will go to keep us safe.





My Opinion

This book has me struggling for words. If you follow my blog, you'll already know I've read the previous books in this series and enjoyed them, especially the first two. Because of this I was excited to read Kenzie and the Guy Next Door. Now I've read it though, I can't help but feel it didn't live up to the other books.

I'm not sure why, but something about this book just didn't connect with me. The characters felt a bit two dimensional and the story didn't feel like it dug too deep. To be honest, everything felt too easy and events were glossed over. It felt more like a rough outline without the depth I like at certain point, which was a shame considering I've liked this series up until this book.

I'm not saying the is a bad read, it's not. However, I've seen better from this author and expected more. If you like easy reads to pass the time that don't dig too deep this might be for you.

Overall, it'a not my favourite in the series. I'm not sure if I'll read the next one, but I am curious about Brody (hopefully it's him). I would however definitely recommend books 1 and 2.

3

R. Linda drinks wine and writes books.
A coffee addicted, tattoo enthusiastic fangirl with a slight obsession for a particular British boy band and solo artist, she is a writer of Contemporary YA/NA Romance and Suspense, sometimes dabbling in Paranormal as well. 
Renee lives in Melbourne, Australia with her husband and two sons. When not writing she can often be found reading books to her children and cuddling up with them on the couch to watch their favourite movies.
HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...