Monday 29 May 2017

Review ~ You Make Me Weak (The Blackwells of Crystal Lake, #1) by Juliana Stone

You Make Me Weak (The Blackwells of Crystal Lake, #1)
ebook downloaded for free via Amazon.

Release Date: November 29th 2016

Publisher: Self-published

Description:
Tall, dark, and tattooed, FBI agent Hudson Blackwell has come home to Crystal Lake to deal with his dying father and leave. He doesn’t believe in much, other than his brothers, his God, and his country. He likes his life simple and hates complications. So running into the-girl-he-let-get-away is one complication he can do without. Yet the flames of desire still burn hot and it’s not so easy to break ties a second time around. Makes a guy wonder…

Can a man who always chooses to leave, find a reason to stay?

Rebecca Draper is hoping a second chance at life will get her back on track. With a failed marriage behind her and a young son to support, this former beauty queen has no time for Hudson Blackwell—yet running into him stirs up things. Hot things. Wild things. The man once broke her heart, so getting involved with him would be crazy. Yet he awakens a desire and a need so intense she can’t deny it. It begs the question…

Can a woman who wants love, be brave enough to take a chance on a man who could destroy her?

My Opinion

This was a good read. It had its good points as well as bad, but overall I enjoyed it and it kept me entertained.

You Make Me Weak held my interest well at first. I love second chance romances and I wanted to know how Hudson and Rebecca's story would unfold.

For the most part, I liked them both. I thought they worked well together and their story kept me interested. However, I did think Rebecca caved way too easily. I would have liked a little more grovelling and and fighting before they got to the falling in bed together part. It would have made it a bit more realistic.

Apart from that I would have liked a bit more detail in the book in general. The author introduces many small plot threads throughout the book, yet I never felt they got fully fleshed out so that by the end I was questioning their relevance. They didn't add much for me so I didn't see them as necessary.


Anyway, despite those two minor things, I did enjoy this book. It was an easy second chance love story.

4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...