Thursday 28 May 2015

Review ~ Torn - Part Three (Torn #3) by Ellen Callahan

Torn - Part Three (The Torn Series)ebook borrowed via Kindle Unlimited

Release Date: May 8th 2015

Publisher: Self-published

Description:
Alexa Riley believes that her life is in order. She’s working hard, she’s making rent, she’s getting by in the big city. And she’s doing it all on her own. 

Mallet hovers around the peripherals of her life. She quit the band and quit that group of friends. It would have been so easy for him to simply drift away. 

But he won’t. 

With the holidays looming heavily over her head, she’s not ready to face to her family. Facing her family means facing her own problems and facing herself. 

Overwhelmed and out of control, her determination to keep him away grows weak. Mallet’s apologies and offers and promises tug on her heart, bringing her inch by slow inch back into his arms. Making mistakes never felt so good. But with the ghosts of their pasts still hot on their heels, can they ever hope to make things right?

My Opinion

So far I've read all of these books back-to-back. Each one leaves on a cliff hanger and I've enjoyed the first two. Unfortunately this one lost me a bit. The plot was getting a bit samey and things moved too quickly in. Things keep going backwards and forth with the relationship and the author isn't giving things enough time to develop. There isn't much of an emotional connection.


Saying that, there is only one more instalment left so I'll finish the serial. Each instalment is a quick, easy read that you don't have to think about. They are written well, I just wish a little more would happen. I'm starting to think this would have been better as one novel than a serial.


3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...