Tuesday 12 May 2015

Review ~ Lion's Share (Wildcats, #1) by Rachel Vincent

Lion's Share (Wildcats, #1)Paperback purchased by myself.

Release Date: February 23rd 2015

Publisher: Self-published

Description:
Abby Wade has a dangerous secret. 

Two months ago, she disobeyed an order, but instead of kicking her out of the Pride, Jace offered her a job. Since then, she’s been battling a completely inappropriate crush on the young, hot Alpha. But when accepting his job offer seems like the only way to keep her skeletons safely in their closet, Abby doesn’t hesitate. 

Jace Hammond has a big problem. 

A rogue is slaughtering humans in his territory, and he must eliminate the threat before the entire shifter species is exposed. There could not be a worse time for Abby to accept a job he only offered as a boost to her confidence. Abby is smart, beautiful, and resilient—more than enough to distract any man from the mission. Unfortunately, she may just be the worst enforcer ever to hold the title. 

As they hunt the killer, Abby’s secret becomes a threat to Jace’s authority and to her own life. But the real danger is the grip she has on his twice-shy heart.

My Opinion

I've put off buying this for awhile because of work issues, but finally I've got round to reading it. Rachel Vincent is one of my favourite authors and I've read every book she's released. She's on my auto-buy everything so it's needless to say I was excited to see this spin off, especially because I loved Shifters.

I'm not going to say too much as I don't want to ruin anything, but for those of you who've read and enjoyed the Shifters series this has everything you would have liked. I will admit it took some time to get into and remember everything as it's been a while since I finished Shifters. However, I was soon drawn back into it.

I always liked Jace and I'm glad he got his own story. I always wanted to know what happened to him after the end of Alpha and this book opens up a lot of new strand that have set up an interesting premise for the spin off.

I loved Abby's strength and how she had Jace wrapped around her finger. Her secrets were slightly predictable, but I enjoyed following the story. It was full of action and hot, intense emotions between couples.


Overall, I'd definitely recommend this. However, I'd recommend reading Shifters first if you never have. The author said she wrote this for Shifter fans and that comes across in the writing. There are a lot of things left unexplained whereby the author assumes you have knowledge from the previous books. A great read.


4.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...