Monday 13 May 2013

Book Passing On - Need Your Help

OK so now that I have been reviewing for nearly a year it is safe to say I have started to accumulate a large amount of books - some that I will probably not read again. As well as this a few publishers have contacted me to add me to their mailing lists so I'm getting even more books and I'm running out of places to store them all, especially ones I haven't enjoyed or don't want anymore.

Most of the books are in excellent condition as I hate dogeared books and getting pages creased etc so I was thinking of setting up a page on here (Book Passing On) with a list of titles I've finished with to giveaway to anyone who wants them. I wanted to know if you guys would be interested in that before I set it up. 

Because most of my money goes on promoting my own books you would have to pay the cost to send the book/books, this would mean it would be international (if you're willing and want the book) though. It's really up to you. There would be no limit either, if the title was free you could choose as many as you wanted.

Let me know what you think and if I get a big enough response I will set it up - I have about 20 books already to giveaway!

11 comments:

  1. Interesting idea; I've been thinking of the same thing, recently.

    Unfortunately, I couldn't afford international shipping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie!

      I have the same problem normally but I thought I'd offer it just in case there was the odd person who wanted a book.

      Delete
  2. I would love to see what you have! this is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's an interesting idea--I think it would be worth a try, even as a temporary experiment. It seems like a unique idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this would be worth a try to see what would happen. I don't always have a whole lot of funds for shipping, but still could be a cool idea. Could also set it up almost like a book swap or something too.

    Lisa @ Just Another Rabid Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, I like the book swap idea so I think I'll include that option when I set up a page in the coming months :)

      Delete
    2. I love the idea of book swaps. We all have different sets of contacts and so don't all have access to the same books. I was thinking about this myself earlier related to a group I am in and trying to pitch the idea.

      Lisa @ Just Another Rabid Reader

      Delete
    3. I know what you mean. I see all these groups in America I want to join but living in the UK very few publishers (if any) will post the here so I'm limited with the books I get and even with NetGalley there are restrictions. I don't know why, it just seems a lot harder to get books here... Hopefully people will be interested in book swaps and I can get some more great reads!

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...