Saturday 30 May 2015

Review ~ Torn - Part Four (The Torn Series) by Ellen Callahan

Torn - Part Four (The Torn Series)
eBook borrowed via Kindle Unlimited

Release Date: May 11th 2015

Publisher: Self-published

Description:
Baby, I’m no good for you. 
Words he’d uttered months ago echo in his ears as he sits behind bars. How did it come to this? And how could he put her through this? 

There was no denying that Alexa Riley had sunk deep inside his heart and made herself a home there. A smarter man would kick her out. A smarter man would see that she’d be better off with someone else. 

Mallet never claimed to be a smart man. 

Red and blue lights, screaming sirens. His hands in cuffs, hers on her head. Baby, I’m no good for you. 

Fights, family, an uncertain future - he’ll need all the strength he can get, including hers. 

Assuming he hasn’t finally scared her away once and for all.

My Opinion

Whilst this was an okay conclusion, book 1 was definitely the best in this series. By the end I felt things should have progressed more than they did. I never really fell in love with the characters or their story. For me there needed to be more back story. I felt this side of things was underdeveloped and needed more work for both Mal and Riley. Everything felt better suited to a full-length novel, and there was the potential for it.


Overall they were easy reads and I got them free with a KU free trial so I can't complain. The series had its good points and it was all right for quick reads. It did get a bit repetitive, but you may want to check them out if you're on KU as they're some of the better reads I'v'e taken a chance on.


3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...