Monday 12 December 2016

Review ~ The Matchmaker's Replacement (Wingmen Inc., #2) by Rachel Van Dyken

The Matchmaker's Replacement (Wingmen Inc., #2)
Paperback purchased by myself.

Release Date: August 9th 2016

Publisher: Amazon Skyscape

Description:
Wingman rule number two: never reveal how much you want them.

Lex hates Gabi. Gabi hates Lex. But, hey, at least the hate is mutual, right? All Lex has to do is survive the next few weeks training Gabi in all the ways of Wingmen Inc. and then he can be done with her. But now that they have to work together, the sexual tension and fighting is off the charts. He isn’t sure if he wants to strangle her or throw her against the nearest sturdy table and have his way with her.

But Gabi has a secret, something she’s keeping from not just her best friend but her nemesis too. Lines are blurred as Lex becomes less the villain she’s always painted him to be…and starts turning into something more. Gabi has always hated the way she’s been just a little bit attracted to him—no computer-science major should have that nice of a body or look that good in glasses—but “Lex Luthor” is an evil womanizer. He’s dangerous. Gabi should stay far, far away.

Then again, she’s always wanted a little danger.

My Opinion

I've had to wait a little longer than I'd have liked to buy and read this. I've been dying to read Lex's book ever since I finished Ian's, and to no surprise RVD  once again has released an amazing read. 

Just like usual, the book was mixed with humour and romance--kind of. I loved the fights between Lex and Gabi and how it built the tension and chemistry between them. I can't tell you how many times their quick wits made me smile. It's just great writing.


Overall, I'm not going to say any more. Those of you who follow my reviews know how much I love this author. She's one of my top recommendations and this book is no exception.

5

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...