Wednesday 11 January 2017

Review ~ From Paris With Love This Christmas by Jules Wake

From Paris With Love This Christmas
ebook downloaded for free via Amazon.

Release Date: October 29th 2015

Publisher: HarperImpulse

Description:
Just until Christmas…

That’s what Paris socialite Siena keeps telling herself. She’ll hide away in her sister Laurie’s cottage near London to escape her hot-tempered fiancé.

However, when Jason – gorgeous but a bit of a Grinch – picks her up from the airport, he reveals that Laurie hasn’t lived there for months, complicating Siena’s holiday getaway.

At first, Jason and Siena don’t see eye to eye. But after a weekend in the most romantic city in the world, experiencing all it has to offer – from the magic of a fir-lined Champs-Élysées, lit up by thousands of sparkling fairy lights, to the swoosh of skates on ice at the Eiffel Tower – Siena shows Jason her Paris, and a whole other side to herself. Suddenly Siena’s December deadline seems far too close…

This Christmas, jet off to Paris with Siena and Jason and experience the magic of the holiday season.

My Opinion

I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would. I've skipped over it a couple of times due to the cover. It appeared more like women's fiction, which isn't really my thing. However, I was looking at festive reads and caught this at the time this was free. I thought I'd give it a chance and I was pleasantly surprised. 

From Paris With Love was a sweet romance with believable emotions and friendships. It hooked me straight away and I thought the author did a wonderful job of creating characters that felt real and had great depth. 

Siena was misjudged often by those in England. However, she developed with the book and flourished with independence. She had a good heart and I thought her eternal optimism was entertaining. It countered Jason's grumpiness well and balanced the book as the two evolved.  I thought their relationship was tender and well-crafted. It wasn't rushed and the author gave the characters time to grow into friends and then more. 


Overall, I'm glad I caught this book and was convinced to give it a go. I really enjoyed it and the author's writing style.  I would definitely recommend it. 

4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...