Tuesday 29 December 2015

Mini Reviews ~ Books by Joss Stirling, J.L Perry, and Huntley Fitzpatrick

Bastard and Angel Dares were purchased myself. I received My Life Next Door in via NetGalley in an exchange for an honest review.

Because I purchased 2 of these book I read them purely for my enjoyment so I didn't want to write a long review for them. However, they were both enjoyable reads and I wanted to recommend them to you guys!



BastardBastard by J.L. Perry
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A great read with interesting characters. I did like the early chapters more than the ending since I felt it lost some of its momentum as time went on. Nonetheless I couldn't stop reading and I'm not going to write any more since I purchased this book purely for enjoyment. I will say I loved the use of British English, spelling, and grammar, though!!



My Life Next DoorMy Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
DNF

I've seen this book floating around for a while so I couldn't resist requesting it. Maybe I should have listened to the feeling of why I hadn't bought it when I'd seen it around for so long. Sadly I'm going to have to DNF this book. I'm just not connecting with the writing style or characters. For me it feels very childish and it doesn't seem to be improving.



Angel Dares (Benedicts, #5)Angel Dares by Joss Stirling
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Another enjoyable read by this author who is still one of my favourites. I loved Angel's personality and bubbly-ness. She contrasted well with Marcus' serious and suspicious character. I also liked the musical element.

While it's not my favourite in the series--the Benedict Boys will forever hold that title even if they make an appearance here--I still found it a hard to put down read.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...