Friday 2 June 2017

Review ~ Bad Billionaire (Bad Billionaires, #1) by Julie Kriss

Bad Billionaire (Bad Billionaires, #1)
ebook downloaded for free via Amazon.

Release Date: October 19th 2016

Publisher: Five Doors Creative

Description:
I’m no one. A mechanic. A getaway driver. A thief. 

I was born on the streets, and I like it rough — life, sex, everything. My job is dirty. My past is dirty. So is my future. 

Until I get out of prison and discover I’ve inherited a billion dollars. 

I’m not a good billionaire. I don’t care about penthouses, fancy dinners, or private jets. I don’t care about life and death. Hell, I don’t even care about money. I’m willing to spend every penny of it on one thing. 

Find the woman who gave me one unforgettable night before I went down. The woman who is too good for me. The woman I can never have. 

Find her. Get revenge on the man that hurt her. And make her mine.

My Opinion

It was the premise that caught my attention with this book. The idea of a billionaire with a criminal past intrigued me, and the fact it was free in Amazon convinced me to give it a chance.

I will be honest, the start of this book intrigued me but I didn't see how it was going to relate to the blurb and so I started to lose interest because I wasn't getting what I thought I had downloaded. However, the first 20% or so are more like a giant prologue. The book then jumps 2 years and finally gets to the part of the story I wanted.

To be blunt, once I finished, I didn't see the point in having the "prologue" section so long. It could have been condensed to maybe one scene. The book very nearly lost me because of it, and I also felt it set up an unrealistic situation of a two year wait after one round of sex.

Saying that, once the two year gap had been and gone, I found myself enjoying things more. I still think the relationship was slightly unbelievable since it was based on one night and a few stalker-like watching scenes from Olivia. Devon had to be out-of-this world in bed to have her wait two years after that.

Anyway, despite that I did think there was chemistry between them. There were a few hot sections and the story lived up to what I'd wanted from the blurb--a bad billionaire.


Overall, I liked the concept of this book. It could have been executed slightly better, but it held my attention once it got going and it was a quick, easy read.

3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...