Wednesday 28 January 2015

Review ~ The Grace in Darkness (Darkness Duet #2) by Melissa Andrea

The Grace in Darkness (Darkness Duet, #2)Paperback purchased by myself.

Release Date: October 22nd 2013

Description:
Every part of me yearns for Ryland and there hasn’t been a day that’s gone by that I don’t question if I made the right decision. Adjusting is something I should be used to by now but how can I do that when life has other plans?

When darkness consumes you, only true light can free you

Remembering how I existed before Araya came into my life and turned everything upside down has been the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do. I can’t stand to be round anyone and the feeling is mutual. But I’m ready to take back what’s mine. I’m ready to be whole again. But every decision has a choice and every choice has a consequence.

To find the grace in darkness, you must
Dare to be BRAVE
Dare to be STRONG
Dare to be ALIVE

My Opinion

I really enjoyed the first book in this series. It was unique with it's characters so therefore I was excited to see how Araya and Ryland's story ended.

Whilst this book kept me hooked, and it was enjoyable to see the characters develop and get there own back, I don't think it was as good as the first. It wasn't as clear, well written, or unique. It seemed like the author was trying to put too much in it and the further I read on the more ridiculous the story line got.

Unlike with the first book I started skimming sections in this. And I rolled my eyes a lot. I didn't feel the relationship was developed that well and it was rather jumpy and incoherent. It seemed all over the place and the time line didn't always add up.

Besides that Araya's blindness never seemed to play a big enough part in this book and it definitely needs another edit. On one occasion a character's name was spelt 3 different ways on one page. I'm not that picky with things like this but there were a few too many in this book.


Overall, whilst I'm glad there's a HEA, I felt this book was a bit too unbelievable. The story just didn't seem realistic in the end and I feel it lost its uniqueness.

2.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...