Friday 28 February 2014

Review ~ Defy the Stars by Sophie McKenzie

Defy the Stars (Flynn, #4)
Purchased the paperback myself

Release Date: January 2nd 2014

Publisher: Simon and Schuster

Description:

After months apart, everyone thinks that River is successfully building a future without Flynn. Indeed, she has almost convinced herself that she is moving on. And then, one day, Flynn is back, bringing with him tales of his glamorous new life. River suspects his lucrative new work involves some form of criminal activity, but will she let herself be drawn back into Flynn's world? Or is this, finally, the end of the line for them both?

I'm so disappointed with this book. I love Sophie McKenzie's work and have read every book she has put out there but this book was just really frustrating. I have enjoyed this series but I felt after Catching Stars it was going downhill. However, I hate leaving series unfinished and I thought that maybe the author would surprise me and turn my feelings around.

My Opinion

For most part the book was good. I liked the darker side of their lives and how River and Flynn kept being drawn to each other. However, that was all blown out of the water by the ending and rendered totally pointless. For me there was no logical reason behind what happened, except the author couldn't find a way to get her characters out of the web of problems she had spun, and it was disappointing. I don't read romances to feel like this when I get to the end of a series; they're not meant to end with me throwing my book across the room in annoyance.

For me the most important part of the final book in a series is the ending and this just didn't deliver, so it makes me dislike the whole book as there is no hope of getting what you want from the characters.

I'm not going to say any more because I don't want not going to give away spoilers as it's the final book, but I feel let down, especially as I love this author.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...