Thursday 31 January 2013

Enigma Black - Sara Furlong Burr

Enigma Black (Enigma Black, #1)Description
When she was just seventeen, the course of Celaine Stevens' life was permanently altered with the murders of her father, mother, and brother in one of a series of mysterious and violent explosions occurring across the country. Struggling with picking up the pieces, she's haunted by the memory of that day and her promise of retribution against those responsible for her misery. But just as she seems to be getting her life back on track, an encounter with a mysterious stranger promises her the vengeance she desires, ultimately turning the former target into the assassin.

However, as she soon learns, all choices come with consequences. And the consequence of her choice threatens to destroy the very fabric of her being.


My Opinion
All I can say is wow! This book surpassed all of my expectations and kept me hooked from beginning to end and I'm glad I received the professionally edited copy so I could read it without any trouble. This book is faced paced, action packed and took me on an emotional ride.

I loved Celiane, she had a dry sarcastic sense of humor which I adored and made me laugh on occasions  She was also strong willed and determined but Sara cleverly interwove moments of vulnerability to create an engaging character that I could sympathise with. Also because of this vulnerability it justified her actions, which created a solid and strong story line. As well as this the two guys, Chase and Blake were total opposites. Chase being the sweet, caring, shoulder to cry on and Blake the partner who has had his emotions drilled out of him. These two really played with my emotions through out the book as their relationships with Celiane changed but I loved the difference in personality as it made it all the more interesting to read.

In Enigma Black the action is constructed incredibly well, it is fast paced but filled with loads of detail that leaves everything easy to imagine and visualise. I loved it when Celaine turned into her cold 'super hero' version of herself and the confrontations with The Man in Black were brilliant. The start did confuse me slightly as it is written from multiple POV but that was down to the fact we hadn't been introduced to everyone. After that I had no trouble and towards the end I had the moment of "Oh I get the beginning now" which was great as it linked nicely. 

The only bad thing I have to say about this book is the cliff hanger ending! It definitely leaves you wanting to know more and I don't know if I can wait too long to find out what happens next. Overall this book is an engaging, action packed story that will take you on an emotional ride and keep you hooked all the way to the end. I would highly recommend this to anyone and I am eagerly awaiting the next installment!


2 comments:

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...