Friday 10 August 2012

Stray (Shifters #1) - Rachel Vincent

Stray (Shifters, #1)Description
There are only eight breeding female werecats left . . .
And I'm one of them.
I look like an all-American grad student. But I am a werecat, a shape-shifter, and I live in two worlds.
Despite reservations from my family and my Pride, I escaped the pressure to continue my species and carved out a normal life for myself. Until the night a Stray attacked.
I'd been warned about Strays -- werecats without a Pride, constantly on the lookout for someone like me: attractive, female, and fertile. I fought him off, but then learned two of my fellow tabbies had disappeared.
This brush with danger was all my Pride needed to summon me back . . . for my own protection. Yeah, right. But I'm no meek kitty. I'll take on whatever -- and whoever -- I have to in order to find my friends. Watch out, Strays -- 'cause I got claws, and I'm not afraid to use them . . .
My Opinion

It took me awhile to get round to reading this book as I kept putting it off for some reason or another, but yesterday it seemed like the perfect excuse to sit in the sun all day. And that is what I did, I spent the whole day reading it and finished within the day, even though it is over 600 pages. I loved this book, it was really engaging and I couldn't put it down until I had reached the end.

I liked the main character, Faythe, as she was both vulnerable yet a strong female lead. Her bad attitude and unwillingness to comply with the Pride's traditions, regimes and lifestyle kept me hooked and the love triangle that went back and forth between the book kept me in suspense of who she would end up with (if she ever was going to).

There was constant action in this book and it keeps you enthralled to the end and I'm so glad that I bought the whole series at once. Even though this was Rachel Vincent's first work it the last series I've read from her. After loving the Unbound and Soul Screamers series I had high hopes for this series and the first instalment has not disappointed. It's safe to say I'll be spending the next week reading the rest of the series.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...