Friday 17 June 2016

Review ~ Twisted Bond (Holly Woods Files, #1) by Emma Hart

Twisted Bond (Holly Woods Files, #1)
ebook purchased by myself.

Release Date: June 11th 2015

Publisher: Self-published

Description:
I’m an Italian-Texan woman in a family full of cops. I’m passionate and shoot before I think. You only f*ck with me if you’re stupid.

Photograph cheating spouses. Hand over the evidence. Cash my check.
That was my plan when I returned home to Holly Woods, Texas, and became a private investigator.
Finding the dead body in my dumpster? Yeah… Given the choice, I think I would have opted out of that little discovery, especially since all three of my brothers are cops. And my Italian grandmother is sure the reason I’m single is because of my job.
Of course, my connection to the victim is entirely coincidental. Until I’m hired by her husband to investigate her murder and shoved bang-smack into the path of Detective Drake Nash. My nemesis, a persistent pain in my ass, and one hell of a sexy son of a bitch.
Shame he still holds a grudge from that time I shot him in the foot twelve years ago, or we could have something. In another life.
So now all I have to do is avoid my nonna’s blind dates, try not to blackmail my brothers into giving me confidential police files, and absolutely do not point my gun at Drake Nash. Or kiss him. Or jump his bones.
All while I hunt down the killer.
Sounds totally simple—until a second body proves that sometimes things that start as coincidences don’t always end up that way…

My Opinion

I've never read anything by this author before and I've had these books on my kindle for a while. I won them from someone in a signing  group and since that signing is rapidly approaching I thought it was about time I gave them a go.

I have to I was pleasantly surprised. I found this author's writing to be a very easy read and engaging. It flowed well and I thought the characterisations were great. Noelle had a clear and strong personality. Even better was she stayed true to it and didn't compromise her integrity or beliefs. She was a badass and I liked her strength. 

As for the relationship with Drake I felt the intensity between them. There was definitely chemistry, I just felt it took too long to progress. I'm not sure what will happen in book 2, but I wanted a little more romance in this book.

With regards for the story I thought it was good. It was paced a little slowly for me, but it mostly held my attention. I couldn't predict who did it, but I did feel the resolution and revelation all came together a bit suddenly. I didn't really understand the motives.


Overall a good read. I'll definitely read more by this author and I'm moving to book 2 now.

4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...