Sunday 19 June 2016

Review ~ Off Sides (Off, #1) by Sawyer Bennett

Off Sides (Off, #1)
ebook downloaded via Amazon for free.

Release Date: February 21st 2013

Publisher: Self-published

Description:
Ryan Burnham is the privileged son of a U.S. Congressman and captain of his university’s hockey team. While he is on the verge of fulfilling his dreams to play in the NHL, his parents want him on a different course. One he is expected to accept for the sake of his family’s public image.

Forced her to abandon her music career after the heart breaking death of her parents, Danny Cross exists on the opposite side of the tracks from Ryan. She is struggling to make her own way, working two jobs, attending college part time and volunteering in a homeless shelter. She is on a mission to build her own success.

With a chance meeting, their vastly different worlds collide, causing each to evaluate whether they are truly on the correct path to self-fulfillment and happiness. Can their relationship survive? Particularly when others are against them every step of the way. A lot can happen in just ten short days...

My Opinion

I've never read anything by this author, but since I came across this while scrolling the free lists on Amazon I decided to give it a go. I love sports romances so Off Side sounded right up my street.

Off Side was a nice easy read I didn't have to think too hard about. Sure, it's pretty basic in its story line, things move rapidly--especially in the romance--and it's a little predictable, but it was sweet and it held my attention. It's one of those books you pick up as a light fluffy read after the end of a hard day. It makes you smile and that's all I ask from a book.


Overall, a short sweet read. I'll more than likely be checking out this author's other books.

3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...