Friday 24 January 2014

Review ~ Untouched (Beachwood Bay 0.5) by Melody Grace

Untouched (Beachwood Bay, #0.5)ebook bought by myself on an Amazon free day

Release Date: May 14th 2013

Description:
Emerson Ray is trouble. Juliet knows it the minute she lays eyes on Beachwood Bay's resident bad boy. Forced to spend her summer before college in the sleepy beach town, she never expected to crash into the most devastating guy she’s ever met—or for Emerson’s blue eyes to strip through her dark secrets, and make her feel a desire she’s never known. Their connection is undeniable, but Juliet is torn. She knows, once she gives him everything, there’ll be no turning back.

Juliet McKenzie is dangerous. Emerson can tell from the way she blows through all his defences, laying bare the demons he’s carried alone all his life. He’s left a trail of broken hearts and empty beds in his wake, but Juliet is different. Her innocence is intoxicating—and the passion she keeps hidden, just below the surface. He wants to be the only one to set it free, but with every kiss, he’s closer to losing control and doing the one thing he swore he never would: fall in love.

One summer. Two damaged hearts. Their story is only just beginning…

UNTOUCHED is a prequel novella to the USA Today Bestselling UNBROKEN. It also can be read as a stand-alone story.

My Opinion

I will admit that when I saw this novella the only reason I downloaded it was because it was free. I was going down the kindle free list and downloading most romances on there, and although most still remain unread, I started Untouched because it was a short romance novella. I didn't know what to expect as it has taken me months to get to but I found myself pleasantly surprised.

Untouched was a good, fast-paced read that flowed well from start to finish. I liked how the time scale was short so rather than drag out the story and make it choppy, the fact that it was isolated to only a few days/weeks made it easy to follow and keep up with. Also the dual points of view worked well which was a surprise as I don't normally enjoy it in a novella. 

Anyway, the stroyline was interesting and engaging. I did find a little aspects a bit extreme such as the whirlwind romance but it's to be expected from a novella really as there aren't enough pages to create a whole background. Also the fact that this is an extra to the author's series about these characters probably means all the details are included in the actual books. However, saying that the description is right when it states it can be read as a stand-alone. That's what I did and I could follow the story easily without getting lost or questioning what was what.

Overall, Untouched was a short, engaging read. I liked the characters and I may have to check out the books in this series.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...