Monday 23 December 2013

Review ~ Last Stand of Dead Men (Skulduggery Pleasant #8) by Derek Landy

Last Stand of Dead Men (Skulduggery Pleasant, #8)Hardback purchased by myself

Release Date: 29th August 2013

Publisher: HarperCollins Children's Books

Description:

War has finally come.

But it's not a war between good and evil, or light and dark - it's a war between Sanctuaries. For too long now, the Irish Sanctuary has teetered on the brink of world-ending disaster, and the other Sanctuaries around the world have had enough. Allies turn to enemies, friends turn to foes, and Skulduggery and Valkyrie must team up with the rest of the Dead Men if they're going to have any chance at all of maintaining the balance of power and getting to the root of a vast conspiracy that has been years in the making.

But while this war is only beginning, another war rages within Valkyrie herself. Her own dark side, the insanely powerful being known as Darquesse, is on the verge of rising to the surface. And if Valkyrie slips, even for a moment, then Darquesse will burn the world and everyone in it.

My Opinion

I waited ages for this books to be released and it took me a few extra months to finally get to it as I have been so busy. However, the wait was definitely worth it!

I'm not going to say much about this book as it is the eighth in the series so I don't want to give anything away for those of you who haven't read any of the previous books. What I will say though is that you can expect more of the same from this brilliant author. His writing is witty, it made me smile, made me sad, I couldn't believe some of the story and hated the characters for what they did. I didn't agree with everything the author wrote but it was definitely interesting in an annoying kind of way. It pulled a lot of emotions from me and combined with plenty of action I was not able to put down or stop reading this book.

If you haven't read this series, seriously, go check it out. You won't be disappointed. Derek Landry had a unique, original style that I have fallen in love with.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think :)

I know word verification is a pain, but spam is worse.

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...